Women want to hook up with someone just as much as men do. But the ways in which women should approach these hookup dates are vastly different than how men should approach them. Obviously, women have a bigger reason to be worried and will want to make sure they meet someone who they can have a good time with, but who will also respect them.
Of course, if you’re a woman who is just interested in casual encounters and one-night stands, then you don’t even need tips for achieving that because there are plenty of hungry men out there for that. However, if you want to get with the right guy with whom you have a particular interest in, then you need to know how to act on a hookup date. It may take a little bit of effort, but it will likely work out in the end.
Below are 10 hookup tips targeted toward women who want to have a successful hook up with their ideal guy.
1) Hookup Locally – You shouldn’t have to drive over an hour to another town or city to meet a man. It is better to hook up with someone locally because you are more familiar with the area and know the best places to meet up with people.
2) Have Good Hygiene – As a woman, you must work extra hard to keep up appearances that make you attractive by society’s standards. This means showering, waxing your body, and washing your hair so that everything smells fresh.
3) Don’t Overdress – You might think that wearing a sexy dress would be the appropriate thing to do on a hookup date. Unless you want to come off as “easy,” it is better to wear casual clothing that you are comfortable in and is not too revealing. This will at least give the impression that you don’t do this all the time.
4) Meet at a Public Place – Since you don’t know the person that you are hooking up with, it is best to meet them at a public place first. This could be a restaurant, mall, or coffee shop, where other people are around. Then, you will have the opportunity to get to know him in person and see if he’s like the way he portrayed himself online.
5) No Public Place Sex – Although you might be interested in sex during your hookup, don’t resort to having sex in a bathroom or parked car. You run the risk of getting spotted by the police and then you will be in real trouble. It is better to go someplace private for an intimate encounter. If you live alone, then you should take him back to your place. It wouldn’t be a good idea to go to their place because you don’t know what dangers might be there. If you don’t live alone, then a hotel is always a great alternative.
6) Contraceptives – If you plan to have sex during the hookup, then make sure you’ve taken precautions when it comes to birth control. You could take birth control pills or wear a cervical cap in your vagina to prevent pregnancy. To prevent disease, you should insist that your partner wear a condom. This might not sound fun or exciting, but it is worth it for health reasons.
7) Alcohol – Men are not the only ones who want to give their partner a few drinks. If you meet a guy and you want him to loosen up more around you, then encourage him to have a few drinks with you. This doesn’t mean you have to get him drunk and take advantage of him. Just give him a few drinks and see how he thinks about you then.
8) Don’t be Too Forward – A good guy won’t want a woman to be too forward with them because then he’ll think she does that with every guy. Men like women who make them feel special as if they were one of the few chosen partners in their lives. It will also make you look less promiscuous.
9) Self Confidence – There is nothing more attractive than a confident woman. Self-confidence is really something you must build on your own. This means feeling good about yourself and your abilities to date. If you lack in this confidence, then you should work on yourself first before going on a hookup. Otherwise, your low self-confidence will turn the guy off. Either that, or he’ll take advantage of you for a quick sexual encounter and then never call you again afterward.
10) Don’t Get Pressured – If you are in the situation where your hookup date is pressuring you into sex and you’re not ready, then walk away. Even though you might feel attracted to the guy, it doesn’t mean you need to have sex with him right away. Let him know how you feel early on regarding casual sex and what you’re looking for out of the hookup.